You’ve started to notice lately that something isn’t quite right. Your family seems concerned, but you brush away their questions—maybe because you’re afraid of the answers. Take a moment now to consider if you have ever:
- Asked people to repeat themselves more than once a day?
- Thought everything around you sounds muffled, as if you’re underwater?
- Kept the TV or radio turned to maximum volume?
- Avoided talking on the telephone?
- Heard a constant ringing or buzzing sound in your ears?
- Been unable to hear household sounds, such as a whistling tea kettle or a knock on the door?
- Had trouble understanding a conversation if you can’t see the person who is speaking?
If you said yes to any of these, you could be one of the millions of Americans who is suffering from hearing loss. Often, people who suffer early hearing loss symptoms feel embarrassed, even ashamed, because they feel like they’re losing control. While it can be hard to ask for help, taking that first step is the only way the change your life for the better.
Call Medical Hearing Systems today at (866) 517-4415 to meet with one of our providers today!
A Comprehensive, Long-Term Approach to Hearing Restoration
Many hearing aid outlets are merely retailers, offering amplifiers and a “one size fits all” approach. Medical Hearing Systems is audiology-driven and patient-focused. As a division of the Silverstein Institute, each Medical Hearing Systems location follows a medical model which uses audiology-based test protocols and incorporates state-of-the-art equipment, thorough patient assessment, and appropriate counseling. Patients are treated with professionalism and attention to detail.
Our audiology team in the Sarasota-area can help you hear better by providing:
- Hearing Testing and Screening. We believe that treatment starts by finding the source of the problem, then finding the solution that will be most effective for the patient. When you enter our offices, you undergo a thorough audiometric evaluation, including testing for conduction of sounds, speech discrimination, and hearing reflexes. We also examine your test results to see if you may require further evaluation by an otolaryngologist to rule out any medical causes of hearing loss.
- Hearing Aid Devices. We have a wide selection of types and styles of hearing devices at a variety of price points, allowing you to find the perfect device to suit to your hearing loss and lifestyle. Some of our top-of-the-line devices include behind-the-ear, in-the-ear, and custom-fitted, completely in-the-canal models, as well as assistive listening devices for your television, phone, or other electronics.
- Hearing Aid Maintenance and Repair. We perform regular maintenance on all hearing aid devices, including full cleaning and testing to ensure your device is delivering the best possible sound. We can also repair most top hearing aid devices, including replacing worn parts, reprogramming, and servicing your hearing aid to lengthen the life of your device.
- Tinnitus Evaluation and Relief. Tinnitus, a persistent ringing or humming in the ears, is a common symptom of hearing loss. Our specialists offer ear cleaning (cerumenectomy) services to remove earwax and debris to give patients maximum clarity, and advise you on which treatment (such as maskers or hearing aids) will offer you the most relief.
Our Hearing Professionals Can Help You Find and Finance the Right Hearing Device for You
Medical Hearing Systems will help you fill out insurance forms, has payment plans and offers Care Credit services to make hearing again easy and affordable.
We also maintain a Hearing Device Bank in conjunction with the Ear Research Foundation, allowing us to provide donated hearing aid devices to low-income patients free of charge.
We have many different locations in the Sarasota area, making it easy for you to get immediate treatment and solutions for your hearing care needs. Stop worrying, and start living! Call us at (866) 517-4415 to schedule your hearing testing appointment today!